What a surprise! I had no idea this was even a thing until I was nominated by my dear friend Lauren @ Books, Tea & Me. First, a little background on this award and what I must do to formally accept it.
The purpose of this award is to recognize emerging bloggers and also to encourage people to visit and interact with other bloggers. There are a few rules to accepting the award.
• Each nominee must link back to the person who nominated them.
• Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
• Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
• Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
• Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
1. Is there a book that you tell people you’ve read but honestly have not?
B is going to hate me for this one – but I actually have never finished reading Under the Dome by Stephen King… so I’m not sure how the TV show ends or what the dome is all about. Sorry baby!
2. If you could trade places with any famous person for one day, who would it be?
I would love to spend an evening listening and watching Ella Fitzgerald sing on stage. I don’t know names, but whoever had the chance to listen to her amazing talent for an evening.
3. What is your most frustrating book-related pet peeve?
I can’t stand it when there are multiple, two or three-page chapter. Please, just stay focused long enough to get something out!
4. If you could change one event in the history of fiction, what would it be?
I wish they hadn’t made Harry Potter books into movies. I can’t even remember how I used to picture Harry and his friends before Daniel Radcliffe was cast as HP.
5. What is your guilty pleasure?
I smoke the occasionally joint – why? Because I can and I like it ^_^
6. Which is your favorite season?
I love spring, but here in Calgary we usually have winter right up to the day before Stampede starts in July. This year Fall has been beautiful, there’s something magical about seeing everything shut down for Winter. I’ll say Fall 🙂
7. Which fictional character do you relate to?
Not from a book – but I feel like Monica Gellar (Friends) and I are kindred spirits. I’m anal and everyone I love knows it and accepts it. Ultimately all we want is to be successful in a career, get married, have babies, and live a beautifully structured life.
8. If you had to choose one genre (like world building, emotional realistic) to be stuck reading your entire life, which would it be?
This is a tough question… I think I’d go with historical fiction. Revolution, The Girl You Left Behind, Sarah’s Key, etc. All fantastic reads and I’m always on the hunt for more!
9. Name five books you’d recommend to turn one into a book- lover.
City of Bones, Me Before You, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, Revolution, and, 1984 (this last one is a heavy read, but a classic that is so intriguing it’ll turn any ‘non-reader’ into a lover of literature!!)
10. If you could be anyone from The Hunger Games except for Katniss, who would you be?
Oh boy.. probably Effie Trinket. Although she drives you crazy, you can’t help but admire her upbeat attitude towards everything. Plus she dresses in such a neat way 🙂
This next part was really tough! There are so many people I’d love to nominate for this award. To accept the award simply follow the steps listed above – my questions for you are below 🙂 Afterthought: I’m going to leave some blank so I can nominate some later this year or next.
My nominations ❤
1. Liza @ Classy Cat Books – this blog is impressive! Liza has reviewed at least 30 books since I started following her blog and every review is insightful and informative.
2. Helen – Helen has been a friend of the family for a long time now and even though I’m sure she has more than 200 followers I wanted to spread the love 🙂
3. Mo @ Mo_Books – I recently started following Mo’s blog. I love how involved in the book community she is. I should follow her lead and get more involved in discussions around the interwebs.
4. The lovelies @ Casual Readers – I was looking for a book club blog to follow for a long time. They started as a group on Goodreads and now I’m hoping to hop into that group and join them on their casual reading adventures! Ps. There ain’t nothing casual about how much these guys read.. wowza!
5. Kayla @ The Thousand Lives – Girl, you’ve probably been nominated 1000 times but you’re seriously one of my favourite bloggers. Super sweet and such a great writer!
Questions for those nominated…
1. If you could live in the setting of one novel, which one would you choose?
2. You must choose three things to take to a deserted island – what would you take?
3. What is your most prized possession?
4. If you could go back in time and relive one memory, what would it be?
5. What is your favourite song?
6. Who is your best friend? What is he/she like?
7. Where was the last place you went on vacation?
8. Who would you most want to sit down and have dinner with?
9. Why did you start blogging?
10. When is your birthday? (just because I probably didn’t know until now…!)
Now I must go and spread the love and let the lovelies know I think they’re blogs are Liebster worthy!